My son-in-law Todd Coons and four of his friends meet monthly for accountability. Below is a good outline to follow as you are developing your own accountability group. I joined an accountability group 8 years ago and it has been a great value in keeping my life encouraged and accountable. Enjoy! Boyd
Men’s Breakfast – Accountability Group
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another
Purpose of Group:
To productively build relationships and community, and to participate in prayer, encouragement, and accountability with other men in the small group Bible study.
Frequency / Setting of Group:
Meet for breakfast once a month at same agreed upon location and time, unless another time and place has been designated. Each man will be responsible for his own breakfast payment.
Structure of Group Time:
I) Begin with relational time, general hang out, and breakfast order
II) Open in prayer, person leading/facilitating time opens or appoints another to lead
III) Discuss the following three questions, each on a major aspect of a man’s life. Take time for each guy to answer briefly:
1) Relationship with God: What is God most teaching you these days?
2) Relationship with wife/ family: What are you learning from your family?
3) Relationship with work: What is your number one issue at work?
IV) Discuss topic of the month – Either decided in advance, or a pertinent topic that is brought up by members of the group during question answer/discussion time.
V) Close time in prayer, again person leading/facilitating time closes or appoints another to lead
Group General Guidelines:
1) Everything discussed in the group is to remain confidential, unless otherwise specified.
2) Each participant does not have to answer questions or participate in topics in which they do not feel comfortable.
3) Group members will take turns facilitating the prayer and discussion time.
4) Group members will be asked to make maintaining consistent attendance, though not binding, a priority in their lives. Commitment will be made on a semester by semester basis to follow church calendar.
Future ideas for group:
Blueprint for Life – Life planning and coaching system
Man in the Mirror – Patrick Morley
Love and Respect – Emerson Eggerichs
Conformed to His Image – Ken Boa
Every Man’s Battle – Arterburn / Stoeker
Captivated – John and Stasi Eldridge
Experiencing God – Henry Blackaby
Perfect Leader – Ken Boa
Visioneering – Andy Stanley
June 4, 2020
Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – June 4, 2020 It is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels. 2 Thessalonians 1:6-7 The hope of the Christian is the gift of [...]
June 3, 2020
Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – June 3, 2020 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and [...]
June 2, 2020
Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – June 2, 2020 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27 A few years ago, my friend Sandra was cross-country skiing [...]