My son-in-law Todd Coons and four of his friends meet monthly for accountability. Below is a good outline to follow as you are developing your own accountability group. I joined an accountability group 8 years ago and it has been a great value in keeping my life encouraged and accountable. Enjoy! Boyd
Men’s Breakfast – Accountability Group
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another
Purpose of Group:
To productively build relationships and community, and to participate in prayer, encouragement, and accountability with other men in the small group Bible study.
Frequency / Setting of Group:
Meet for breakfast once a month at same agreed upon location and time, unless another time and place has been designated. Each man will be responsible for his own breakfast payment.
Structure of Group Time:
I) Begin with relational time, general hang out, and breakfast order
II) Open in prayer, person leading/facilitating time opens or appoints another to lead
III) Discuss the following three questions, each on a major aspect of a man’s life. Take time for each guy to answer briefly:
1) Relationship with God: What is God most teaching you these days?
2) Relationship with wife/ family: What are you learning from your family?
3) Relationship with work: What is your number one issue at work?
IV) Discuss topic of the month – Either decided in advance, or a pertinent topic that is brought up by members of the group during question answer/discussion time.
V) Close time in prayer, again person leading/facilitating time closes or appoints another to lead
Group General Guidelines:
1) Everything discussed in the group is to remain confidential, unless otherwise specified.
2) Each participant does not have to answer questions or participate in topics in which they do not feel comfortable.
3) Group members will take turns facilitating the prayer and discussion time.
4) Group members will be asked to make maintaining consistent attendance, though not binding, a priority in their lives. Commitment will be made on a semester by semester basis to follow church calendar.
Future ideas for group:
Blueprint for Life – Life planning and coaching system
Man in the Mirror – Patrick Morley
Love and Respect – Emerson Eggerichs
Conformed to His Image – Ken Boa
Every Man’s Battle – Arterburn / Stoeker
Captivated – John and Stasi Eldridge
Experiencing God – Henry Blackaby
Perfect Leader – Ken Boa
Visioneering – Andy Stanley
March 7, 2021
“God’s presence is pregnant with possibilities for the focused and unhurried heart.” Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – March 7, 2021 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. John 15:4 [...]
March 6, 2021
“Jesus expects you to be just as concerned with your neighbor’s well-being as your own.” Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – March 6, 2021 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important [...]
March 5, 2021
“We can choose to forgive the person who has hurt us and not allow the memory to control our lives. In that sense, we can forgive and forget.” Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – March 5, 2021 By Guest Writer: Sharon Jaynes As far as the east is from the west, so far [...]