My son-in-law Todd Coons and four of his friends meet monthly for accountability. Below is a good outline to follow as you are developing your own accountability group. I joined an accountability group 8 years ago and it has been a great value in keeping my life encouraged and accountable. Enjoy! Boyd
Men’s Breakfast – Accountability Group
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another
Purpose of Group:
To productively build relationships and community, and to participate in prayer, encouragement, and accountability with other men in the small group Bible study.
Frequency / Setting of Group:
Meet for breakfast once a month at same agreed upon location and time, unless another time and place has been designated. Each man will be responsible for his own breakfast payment.
Structure of Group Time:
I) Begin with relational time, general hang out, and breakfast order
II) Open in prayer, person leading/facilitating time opens or appoints another to lead
III) Discuss the following three questions, each on a major aspect of a man’s life. Take time for each guy to answer briefly:
1) Relationship with God: What is God most teaching you these days?
2) Relationship with wife/ family: What are you learning from your family?
3) Relationship with work: What is your number one issue at work?
IV) Discuss topic of the month – Either decided in advance, or a pertinent topic that is brought up by members of the group during question answer/discussion time.
V) Close time in prayer, again person leading/facilitating time closes or appoints another to lead
Group General Guidelines:
1) Everything discussed in the group is to remain confidential, unless otherwise specified.
2) Each participant does not have to answer questions or participate in topics in which they do not feel comfortable.
3) Group members will take turns facilitating the prayer and discussion time.
4) Group members will be asked to make maintaining consistent attendance, though not binding, a priority in their lives. Commitment will be made on a semester by semester basis to follow church calendar.
Future ideas for group:
Blueprint for Life – Life planning and coaching system
Man in the Mirror – Patrick Morley
Love and Respect – Emerson Eggerichs
Conformed to His Image – Ken Boa
Every Man’s Battle – Arterburn / Stoeker
Captivated – John and Stasi Eldridge
Experiencing God – Henry Blackaby
Perfect Leader – Ken Boa
Visioneering – Andy Stanley
January 23, 2022
“The heart determines the course of life.” Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – January 23, 2022 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37 I recently read a quote on the internet that I found interesting: “What you can become depends on what you can overcome.” [...]
January 22, 2022
“We must live lives characterized by contentment with what we have, and more importantly, who we are.” Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – January 22, 2022 Soldiers also asked him, “And we, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be [...]
January 21, 2022
“Worry is sideways energy that sidetracks us from our Heavenly Father’s loving comfort.” Thoughts from daily Bible reading for today – January 21, 2022 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than [...]